A Remembrance of the Past; Building for the Future." ~ Eve Eckert Koehler
Remembering Our Danube Swabian Ancestors
by Dr. Viktor Pratscher Translated by Brad Schwebler
The Reformed Germans
always buried their dead in the same cemetery as the Reformed Hungarians.
On the occasion of the commissioning in 1878 the Hungarian community received
the lower part of today's cemetery. It s no longer established
whether or not it should be in the hands of the political community or, because
it isn't written down, if it was to be an agreement between the two communities,
but since then it has been the policy that to maintain the new cemetery 6/7 of
the burden and income to the village will come from the Hungarians and 1/7 will
come from the Reformed Germans of the community.
After this the cemetery was soon
full, so the elders of the Hungarian community approached the German sister
community on the 8th of December 1935 and promised that they could bury their
dead in the old cemetery.