A Remembrance of the Past; Building for the Future." ~ Eve Eckert Koehler
Remembering Our Danube Swabian Ancestors
by Dr. Viktor Pratscher
Translated by Brad Schwebler
The local guild paid 1 to 2.50
Forints a year to the church treasurer from 1831 to 1851. In 1849, as the
Kossuth money was destroyed, only 5 Forints of this money could be found in the
church treasury. Old coins were often sold.
In 1853 it was "agreed" that the ones
who had just come to the Feketitsch community house or bought a field had to
pay, 5 Forints for the house; 2 Forints, 30 Kreuzer for the field. From
the old place of worship the cross and a song board still exist which were used
at the baptisms. The doors came from Jakob Kloß, a second cross came from
the belfry. The large Harmonium organ from the prayer house was sold.
An offertory box from the prayer house is displayed on the way up to the
In 1921 a (Schapirograf ?) was
purchased. The mixed choir paid 300, the men's choir paid 200, and the
congregation paid 100 Kronen for it.