The Josefin district came into
this world later than the Elisabetin. Its beginnings are dating from 1744. Initially, there were villas, built here by the well to do citizens of German origin, used as summer residences. That is why it was named the New German Farms,
while the Elisabetin was called the Old Farms. Josefin was named in the honor of the Emperor Josef II in 1773.
New Farms - The Josefin]
Click for a close up
section of Josefstadt