the community bought a collection bag, which brought in 15 Florints, 4
Kreuzer in the first year. In the following year a small bell for
it was received for about 30 Kreuzer. It is noticed that for the
offertory a separate ledger was kept, but unfortunately this booklet
does not exist anymore. Until the '70's it was the duty of the
church elders to go from pew to pew with the collection bags during the
first hymn to collect the offertory. With the acquisition of the
collection box, the collection bags disappeared from all the Evangelical
communities. For community purposes the collection box contained
in 1931: 4,972 Dinar, in 1932: 4,269 Dinar, in 1933: 3,539 Dinar, in
1934: 2,831 Dinar, in 1935: 3,196 Dinar. Total: 18,507 Dinar.
For the community's poor the collection box had in 1931: 1,252 Dinar, in
1932: 1,390 Dinar, in 1933: 1,136 Dinar, in 1934: 995 Dinar, in 1935:
710 Dinar. Total: 5,483 Dinar brought in. Earlier an
offertory box of the Gustav Adolf Association was put in for the
beautiful purpose of the Diaspora and would also like to pass this honor
to today's community. There can be no more beautiful memorial to
the greatest heroes of the Evangelical church as that for the dispersed
poor who would be brought help in their Evangelical beliefs, overcome
with joy in his name, who had come from distant Sweden out of great
necessity, urged ancestors to win their help. - At the time 5% of the
offertory money was intended for the Gustav Adolf Association.
The first communion goblet was
purchased in 1836 for 13 Florints, 40 Kronen. A second goblet was bought
in 1853 for 75 Florints in Viennese currency and was made of bronze.
The first tin altar cans bore the
inscription "Feketehegy 1837 Eccl. Aug. Conf." For each 35 Florints was
paid. Three more tin altar cans bore the inscription "Feketehegy 1869
Eccl. Aug. Conf." These cost 46 Florints, 49 Kronen in Austrian currency,
of which the amount of 33 Florints, 78 Kronen in donations flowed in. The
tabernacle iron cost 12 Florints, 30 Kronen. The teachers Peter Burg and
Karl Burg baked the tabernacle with it. Later Friedrich Hoffmann became
the tabernacle baker. Now the tabernacle orders would be finished.
In 1838 a baptismal cup made of tin
and two tabernacle plates were purchased for 9 Florints. In the same year
the old baptismal can was exchanged for a new one and paid 4 Florints for it.
In 1908 on the site of the baptismal cup a very valuable and decorative font
made of marble was received from the church inspector of the time, Dr. Johann
Scherer. The silver baptismal can came from earlier years.
Unfortunately several of these church
implements have been lost. It is hoped that in the future more attention
will be devoted to the protection and preservation of each object that our