FHL Census Microfilm: Vetus Verbasz in 1828:
Churches: Greek Orthodox/Bács
diocese, Evangelical Lutheran/Banya diocese, Christ Evangelical
Methodist Church, and The Presbyterian Church.
Evangelical Methodist Church
Contributed by Elfriede Drumm
Church, where many Germans worshipped, is now very neglected.
Contributed by Elfriede
Elfriede Drumm visited the
Danube Swabian museum located in the Werbass/Vrbas city hall. The city hall once
belonged to the Schuch family and was also the village pharmacy. Elfriede Drumm
was born in Werbass.
Her father was Rev.
Adolf Drumm, Pastor of the Christ Methodist Church of Novi-Vrbas for 7 years
from 1937-1944. It was a German speaking congregation. In 1952 Elfriede and her
sister immigrated to the US and lived on Long Island.
Elfriede has returned to her homeland village of Werbass 2 times,
in 2003 and again in 2005. Read Elfreide's "Mission
Trip to Vrbas, Serbia. Aug, 2003."