After World War II, the southern part of former Csanád-Arad-Torontál county (the Hungarian part of pre-1918 Torontál county and the south-western part of pre-1918 Csanád county) was added to Csongrád county.
Csanád county ( in German : Komitat Tschanad; Latin : Comitatus Chanadiensis or Chenadiensis) was an administrative unit of the Kingdom of Hungary in the middle, lowland area. The county area is currently largely to Hungary , to a lesser extent Romania belong. The county was named after a town of Csongrád.
Csanád county shared borders with the Hungarian counties Csongrád, Békés, Arad and Torontál. The river Mureş/Maros formed its southern border. Its area was 1715 km2 around 1910.
The most important rivers in the north of the Mures, in the south of the Dry Brook (the Dead Maros is a branch). Csanád county was one of the most productive agricultural region in the Kingdom of Hungary.